cvs -z9 output messages

Gertjan Vinkesteijn vinky at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 24 16:51:42 UTC 2004

Sarah Wang wrote:

> Alexandru Repede wrote:
>
>> can anybody point to me what each output message from
>> ¨cvs -z9¨ means ?
>>
> -z9 is the level of compression, usaully used as a check out option.
>
>> i am particulary interested in what ¨?
>> <package>/<ll>.po¨ means ? (ex. ¨?
>> redhat-condig-users/ro.po¨ means what to me, talking
>> into consideration that i modified the ro.po file ?)
>>

> If you see "?" before a file, that means the file is not in the CVS
> repository. You need to "cvs add" to add the file, than "cvs commit"
> to commit the addition. You maynot have the permission to do "cvs
> add", if that's the case, just send me the file offline.
>
>> i took a brief look at the cvs manual and did not find
>> any section on output messages. does it have one ?
>> does anybody know where it is ?
>>
> I will put a basic CVS tutorial on Fedora translation project mainpage
> soon.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sarah
>

> --

Sorry, I could not answer to this topic earlier. For the
http://www.planet.nl internet provider (the biggest in the Netherlands)
what we build up with a project of 12 people, I wrote a document to use
CVS with a comparison to System V SCCS. You can find the document on
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl/cvs I could translate to english if necessary,
I have time for it.

cvs -z3 is normally used, -z9 is very heavy compression thus a abnormal
load on the server computer.

--
Peace is everywhere
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl