What is "Unit language"?

In dist (formerly specspo) there are two messages:

    msgid "Provides Unit language engine for iiimf-server."

    msgid "Unit language engine for iiimf-server"

I don't understand this.  The meaning of "unit" which I know does not
seem to make sense.  Is there a language "Unit"?  If so, where is it
spoken.  I looked for it in some places, for example on
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/langhome.html, but I couldn't
find it.

Please explain, anybody who knows, so I can translate this message
correctly.