INTEREST: Telugu (te)

Muralidhar Kamidi kamudhar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 03:38:04 UTC 2005

Actually I am a latecomer into the world of computers, and linux in
particular. But when I saw Open Source happening so happily on the Net,
I realised it is for people like me. So the basic tenets of democracy
(if it is for the people, then it must be by the people as well!)
demanded that I be a part of this moment. But I am not a programmer. So
the only way I can help this movement is either by writing
documentation, or by translating. While there are a lot of people doing
the documentation, I found nobody translating the project into my mother
tongue (telugu). So I take up the task myself.

I want to know, how to do it. Send me as many files and links as
required to learn the basics of translation procedure. I don't have a
Fedora Core distribution with me. If there are ways to do the
translation from Windows environment, tell me. Otherwise tell me where
to get the Fedora Core in India. Please don't tell me to download. My 56
kbps connection will spend years at a stretch doing that!

This is the essence of what I would like to tell you: I am interested
and enthusiastic to be the first to translate into my mother tongue.
Just tell me how!

Thank you.