consistency between .po and .pot files

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Thu Feb 17 05:38:52 UTC 2005

Hi Sarah.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 01:12:35PM +1000, Sarah Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As many of you mentioned before that the total number of entries varied

Are you talking about statistics webpage?
If so, then what about fixing the statistics generator to
perform msgmerge while generating reports?
That practice is common with many other translation projects,
for example GNOME's GTP at http://l10n-status.gnome.org/

> a great deal across all locales. The reason was the po files were not
> kept consistent against corresponding pot files. I'm trying to find a
> solution to maintain the consistency. Here are some options:
>
> d. Each translator to perform "msgmerge" prior translation

e. Download current po file from the webpage.

Options d and e together should be sufficient. Translators
already knows tools like intltool-update or msgmerge.
If that is not a case then they could download current
(and updated) po file from the web.

Regards.

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel at telka.sk  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |