Re: standard way to use shortcuts in l10n

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 16:22 +0600, Jamil Ahmed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any standard for using shortcuts while l10n-ing?
> Should I put shorcuts in localize form? or keep same english short cut
> separately in parenthesis?
>
> like, for
> msgid "_File"
>
> Should I use,
>
> msgstr "_xx"
> or
> msgstr "xx (_x)"
> or
> msgstr "xx (_F)"    <--- this _F will be taken from the msgid's shorcut
>
> xx will be written in my localized character.
>
> Waiting for your valued reply!

This contains some notes I've written about accelerator keys.
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/translation/accelerators

Contributions welcome!

--
Dwayne Bailey
dwayne translate org za

Tshwane: I managed to leave Pretoria without moving.  I hope we've done more than change the name.