desc and summary

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Tue May 17 09:01:55 UTC 2005

Bernd Groh writes:
> We thought we'd split summaries and descriptions, to make the files a
> little smaller, and allow to prioritize between the two.

There are points in that.  And I want to encourage any attempts to
bring these translations alive again.

But separating description and summary has one disadvantage:
consistency.  When I do the translation, I try to keep these two
messages fit together.  In the current dist file it's very easy; they
typically come immediately after each other.

The dist package IS very large, I'm very well aware of that.  But
maybe splitting it in this way is not ideal.  I don't know what the
infrastructure you are building would allow.  But if possible, it
might be better to divide by group, or maybe just alphabetically by
package name.

Do you other specspo/dist/summary/description translators agree with
me?