Re: desc and summary

There is a lot of logic in that, and I did consider it, but I decided against it, because it becomes a little too difficult to manage wrt how things are currently. Regarding the split of summaries and descriptions, at one stage, we even considered removing all descriptions completely, and to keep summaries only. That's why I decided to make the descriptions a second pot. If we'd attempt any further division, bringing specspo to live again, would take a whole lot longer again. For now, I'd really prefer to keep it as it is, summary.pot and desc.pot, and maybe later down the track, look into splitting specspo according to package groups.

Thanks,
Bernd

Xavier Conde Rueda wrote:

First of all, hello everyone! My name is Xavier and I'm working on the
Catalan team with Josep. We've felt somewhat _lazy_ when translating
specspo, it has been a common issue in our team.

Maybe it would be better to separate GNOME and KDE's summaries and
descriptions, GNU and X's, and the rest of them to be considered as
EXTRAS. I'll priorize the two firsts.