system-config-bind

Sarah Wang sarahs at redhat.com
Thu May 19 12:13:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 21:47, Josep Puigdemont wrote:

> Mmm, I think I don't quite guet the schedule, then:
> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
>
> Do we have "string freezes" or not? When?

String freeze means no more string changes from the developers side.

> What does "translation deadline" mean?

Translation deadline means no more translation changes from the
translators side.

> What does "translation build freeze" mean?

Translation build freeze means last build with the latest translation
included.

> Could we please sort this out?
> (we could add the answers to the translation FAQ, or a note on the
> schedule's page, maybe?)

Good suggestion. I'll see to it. However, we all need to understand that
above definition happens in an ideal world, and requires lot of
disciplines from all parties :)

> I think we should reorganize the Fedora translation project.

You are absolutely right. We do need to raise the i18n awareness of the
package maintainers.

I'd also like to apologize for getting this package in the translate
module so late. I wasn't aware it until recently. It would be nice to
have the developers to announce the availability of a new module to this
list.

Sarah