Automatic update of PO files (entries count) and what if...

Renato Pavičić repavici at globalnet.hr
Sun Aug 13 02:09:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I was wandering if something is going to be done with automatic updating
of PO files with corresponding POTs? Sometimes PO files are updated, but
there are lots of a files that are out dated, as we can see from entries
count. There are quite a lot of mismatching entries.

Also, what happens with PO files (and its translation) if POT is updated,
but PO is not.
Ie: I've checked fr_FR page. There I saw that release notes got about 60
entries more that on Croatian page. Croatian PO was not updated (OK, this
part of problem I've solved).

But, if I overlooked that (and few other files that were 100% translated
BEFORE updating them with latest POT), in what manner (how) would such PO
files are to be introduced into distribution?

Another example:
Current Croatian file "summary" is at 100% with 2145 entries.
I've updated local copy with latest POT. Now I have 2174 entries (20
more), but about 120 fuzzy, and 30 untranslated. (I haven't commited new
PO yet)
How is this particular file going to be introduced?
- as 2145 translated + 20 untranslated, or
- 2174 entries, 120 fuzzy, 30 untranslated

Again I have to ask for an automatic notification system of new entries in
PO/POT files.

Thanks all

--
Best regards,
Renato Pavicic

mailto:repavici at globalnet.hr
also mailto:renato at translator-shop.org
homepage: www.translator-shop.org

Official Opera translator for Croatian language since April 2006