Q: Terms in "release-notes" that are not to be translated?

Renato Pavičić repavici at globalnet.hr
Sat Aug 26 06:48:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

Are there any guidelines regarding terms that are not to be translated, or
if they are to translate, how to do that. Ex:
- Fedora People
- Fedora Project
- any other item with term "Fedora" and following or preceeding word in
title case.

Some companies that I worked for (as translator) demanded to keep stuff
like that in original english. But if to translate, due to language rules
(not so many title cases) I cannot write:
"Fedora Project"
It has to look more like:
"The project of Fedora"

Especially:
"Fedora Legacy Project" - "The project of Fedora's legacy"

Commonly, "Fedora Core" is not translated at all, hence above questions.

Thanks

--
Best regards,
Renato Pavicic