Release Notes Translation Process

Hi, I have a question connected with translating release notes. I want
to make a Polish translation of relnotes and I don't particularly know
how to do it. I've heard, that now the only right way to translate
relnotes is via Wiki. Is it true? I started translating XML files from
CVS. Will it possible to translate relnotes like in this way?

Cheers,
Pawel Sadowski (McGiwer)