New Fedora Translation Project Maintainers

Sarah Wang sarahs at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 11:40:43 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm very pleased to announce that we now have a couple of new
maintainers for the Fedora Translation Project:

Amanpreet Singh Alam <aalam at redhat.com>
Chester Cheng <ccheng at redhat.com>

>From now on, they will assume the responsibility of coordinating the
Fedora Translation efforts and lead this project to the next level.

Chester has authored the translation guide for Windows users. Aman has
built the Punjabi translation team that integrated some major Open
Source projects such as Gnome, KDE, and Open Office into Fedora
translation. They both have been enthusiastic contributors and
coordinators for this project over the years. So good that I have no
reservations in turning over the leadership role to them. I view this
change as a very positive one. It will no doubt bring fresh perspectives
to the Fedora Translation Project, and increase the response time to
your queries and concerns.

I would like to thank everyone for the patience and support you have
given me over the years. I hope you would extend the same support to our
new Project maintainers and continue contributing to the overall success
of Fedora.

Sarah