Improving of i18n zone (as a Re: List of deprecated packages)

A S Alam aalam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 6 04:36:06 UTC 2006

Renato Pavičić ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> Hi,
>
> I think that few thingies need to be fixed or updated. Beside removing
> modules from this list:

> (thank you Piotr)
>
> If this list is correct, this files should be removed ASAP. There are
> other teams that work hard, and (judging to my personal feelings) have
> a great pride over their work. I just saw there are three teams with
> 0-0 translations. Well done guys! I hope I will join you for official
> release of FC6 :)

yes, 16 August 2006 is freeze date for Translation
(check http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N)
and try to complete Essential module first (minimum, so that your
language could be released)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/GUI

and also don't forgot to check, whether FONT package for your language
is available in Fedora

> Some other thingies should be introduced. Mainly notification to
> translator when a module is updated with new lines. I've almost missed
> few modules over last month.
>
> Also, few weeks back by some fluke an old version of (Croatian)
> translation was reinstated. Almost missed that one as well.
>
> What about switching to SVN? I've been using it for KDE, and it looks
> to me that it offers better control over revisions. Bare in mind, I'm
> no expert - just a plain enduser :)

yes, SVN is doing well at KDE, but fedora have no such plan yet,
> Any other suggestions?

thanks for your time
regards

--