Request for testing: DejaVu 2.7 font family

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 11 00:12:03 UTC 2006

Στις 11-07-2006, ημέρα Τρι, και ώρα 01:01 +0200, ο/η Nicolas Mailhot
έγραψε:
> Le lundi 10 juillet 2006 à 23:37 +0100, Miloš Komarčević a écrit :
>
> > As I've already mentioned in the report for bug #170218, the DejaVu
> > fonts give a more consistent look & feel to FC localised for Serbian
> > Cyrillic as well, and we would be very happy to endorse them and have
> > them as the default font in FC.
>
> As one of the oldest DejaVu designers, Danilo Šegan, is Serbian I sure
> hope so ;)
>
> Can you see with Simos if you fit in his grand DejaVu endorsement plan?
> (there: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts/DejaVu)

It's good to put your sign of approval on this page as Cyrillic
endorsement is missing.

> > If the DejaVu ambassadors are interested, I can provide off the list
> > some screenies of the FC5 default Serbian Cyrillic desktop with some
> > problems and the improvements after DejaVu.
>
> I don't think it's necessary, but maybe Simos will disagree.

It will be good if you can provide BEFORE and AFTER screenshots, similar

BEFORE:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Teams/Greek/Issues?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fc6t1gr-default-desktop-showcase.png

AFTER:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Teams/Greek/Issues?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fc6t1gr-default-desktop%2Bdeja-showcase.png

We have put these at the Greek page on the Fedora Wiki,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Teams/Greek/Issues

Simos