few questions

Xavier Conde Rueda xavi.conde at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:53:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

When I translate this into Catalan, I will choose to translate all of
them except those that may be related to the file syntax. For
being translated since it is the value to be used on the config file,
hence you don't want to translate it. The same for
<b>delegation-only</b>. In addition, you can add the translation to
further clarify the meaning of it without replacing the english word.
For instance in Catalan,

<tt>=Enable</tt> (habilita) ...

2006/3/28, Chester Cheng <ccheng at redhat.com>:
>  (cc to fedora-trans-list, where it meant to be.
>  Sorry for the wrong spreading.)
>
>  於 二,2006-03-28 於 15:53 +1000,Chester Cheng 提到:
>
>  Dear All,
>
>  Renato needs some help.
>  Can anyone give him a clue?
>
>  Regards,
>  Chester
>
>  於 一,2006-03-27 於 21:54 +1000,repavici at globalnet.hr via RT 提到:
> >

> Reply on 27.3.2006, at 13:23
>
> Currently I work on system-config-bind. Though one indeed! I have few
> question regarding what to translate, and what not to:
>
> - items between "\ \", and
> - bold items, between "<b></b>" (example:)
> If the zone is a slave or stub zone, then the server will suppress the
> regular \"zone up to date\" (refresh) queries and only perform them when
> the <b>Heartbeat Interval</b> expires in addition to sending NOTIFY
> requests.
>  This is the only (?) line where the term: \"zone up to date\"
> is mentioned.
>
> - bold items, between "<b></b>", that start with small caps and are
> located at the beginning of the string:
> <b>delegation-only</b>: This is used to enforce the delegation only
> status of infrastructure zones (e.g. COM, NET, ORG).
>  Name of the module? Cos in Croatian capitalization of words
> follow different rules than in PC-english (all upper - all lower).
>
> - items between "<tt></tt>":
> To achieve the intended effect of has-old-clients yes, specify the two
> separate options <b>Authoritative NXDOMAIN Responses</b>
>  <tt>=Enable</tt> repeats itself as a sole line. I guess this
> one is OK to translate? Unless it does not repeat anywhere else in
> this module.
>
> I will try to run bind after translation, but I am not sure I can
> simulate conditions that will bring up all the menus and messages. That
> only reason why I am bothering you with this questions :)
>
> Best regards!
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Renato Pavicic
>
> mailto:repavici at globalnet.hr
> renato at translator-shop.org
>
> www.translator-shop.org
> The Bat 3.5.25
>

>  --

Google talk: xavi.conde a gmail.com

Hackers (and creative people in general) should never be bored or
have to drudge at stupid repetitive work, because when this
happens it means they aren't doing what only they can do —
solve new problems.

Eric Steven Raymond (http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html)