System menu instead of Desktop on panel

Xavier Conde Rueda xavi.conde at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 13:02:14 UTC 2006

2006/3/28, Nikos Charonitakis <nikosx at gmail.com>:
> as i see in FC5 Desktop (default string for GNOME) was replaced from
> System (like Ubuntu)
> but in Greek FC5 uses the 'Desktop' string.
> Where i can find this string so i can change it to 'System'

I suppose Fedora deployed GNOME without changing any string (since it
would make all locales display an incorrect string) so this string
should be on GNOME. You can browse the GNOME translations from
http://i18n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.14/index.html. Most likely you
will find it on desktop branch.

> Also i ve noticed that some Greek translations didnt make it in FC5.
>
> example from redhat-menus
> #: ../desktop-files/redhat-spreadsheet.desktop.in.h:2
> msgid "Spreadsheet"
> msgstr "Λογιστικό φύλλο"
>
> although translated in time, Greek menu says "Spreadsheet"

You should file a bug on Fedora bugzilla. I haven't done it yet, but
maybe other people on this list may help you.

Hope this help,

Regards!

> NikosC
>
> --

Google talk: xavi.conde a gmail.com

Hackers (and creative people in general) should never be bored or
have to drudge at stupid repetitive work, because when this
happens it means they aren't doing what only they can do —
solve new problems.

Eric Steven Raymond (http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html)