[Fwd: [apac.redhat.com #40420] Localization - Fedora]

Michael Sync mchlsync at gmail.com
Fri May 26 04:36:59 UTC 2006

>>The Unicode standard calls it "Burmese". Unfortunately it is a very very
>>political issue as is the name of the country. Current practice in the ISO
>>discussions appears to be  "Burmese(Myanmar)" to keep out of the politics.
Yeah.. You are right... Other thing is that the most of Informations are not
available for online and these are not up-to-date.

>>All the translation encoding is Unicode UTF-8, no code pages. Fonts may be
a bigger problem. You'd need to find a Burmese font that was publically
redistributable including commercially (as people sell Fedora CDs) and also
modifyable. At least for it to be part of Fedora itself.

You could do translations which initally needed people to install third
party
fonts but they would need to be addons unless they were "free" in the sense
of free software.

Here is the font lists which can be get as FREE. (Im prefer to use Myanmar1
(1st one)  for translation.)
Myanmar Open Type Font (Myanmar1)
http://www.mcf.org.mm/unicode/opentype.html
License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

MyaZedi Myanmar Unicode Font
http://www.myazedi.com/downloads
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

UniBurma Project Foundation
http://sourceforge.net/projects/uniburma/
License: Other/Proprietary License

Feel free to let me know if you need some informations from my sides...
It would be great if you can answer me my question also...
Is it possible to have the Fedora Linux Myanmar Version ?
Everything except the name "Fedora" or Linux should be in Myanmar.
Thanks...

Could you please show me one or more screenshots of the localized Fedora? Is
there any localized versions for Fedora?
Thanks again...

Regards,
Michael Sync