[Fwd: [apac.redhat.com #40420] Localization - Fedora]

Renato Pavičić repavici at globalnet.hr
Sat May 27 01:37:28 UTC 2006

Dana Fri, 26 May 2006 07:43:52 +0200, Michael Sync <mchlsync at gmail.com>
napisali ste:

Best option, since you gotta install Fedora, is to use KBabel. It is
translating app for KDE, and very good. Has a good support for database,
translation suggestions. Make sure to install full KDE. I cannot remember
wether there is a separate option for kbabel during install or not (does
somebody knows this?)

It has (I beleive) the support for CVS checkout as well, but I have not
tested that yet.

If you wanna translate on Windows (like me) you will need POedit:
http://www.poedit.org/

Just install, and later on you can simply double-click the po file (with
new icon) and it wil open automatically. Be sure to study topics on
database and catalog manager. If you need help on this, please send a
message with new topic (for other users).

Also, get some Notepad-like app. Sometimes it is needed to fix some
problems. I recommend Notepad2. It can disply blank characters (spaces)
and line brakes, and has support for utf-8.

Alternatively, you can use Trados or DejaVu X, but they are not free. Try
to get them somehow (ask around for professional translators or
translating companies, universities, maybe someone can give/borrow you
such an app for non-profit usage, as a sort of sponsorship/goodwill)

For any help on those apps contact me personaly (not via topic).

--
Best regards,
Renato Pavicic

mailto:repavici at globalnet.hr
also mailto:renato at translator-shop.org
also visit: www.translator-shop.org

Official Opera translator for Croatian language since April 2006