Invitation to Fedora Documentation Translation

Bart Couvreur bart at bercie23.be
Sun May 28 09:28:19 UTC 2006

(This mail is is the result of a little discussion on #fedora-docs with
BobJensen and MrTom)

Hello everyone,

Some of u my know me, some won't. I've been on this project for almost 2
years now, translating to Dutch.

Recently I also signed up to the Fedora Documentation Project, to start
translating the docs and release notes. But with FC6 coming up[1], I've
seen that not to much has been translated there at the moment. We can
count the number of translated release notes on one hand. FDP[2] and
myself would like to see this expanded so a lot more languages get there
own release notes in FC6. And because we are the translators of the
programs, why can't we do the release notes as well? This is what we're
good at, and wouldn't it be nice to open up Firefox on FC6 and be
greeted with the release notes in your language! :)

For those who think they'll have to learn something new, don't be
worried, all translation is done by .po-files, as with
program-translation.

If you think you might be interested in helping out with the
translation, feel free to drop by #fedora-docs or #fedora-l10n on
Freenode[3] and/or read more about translating documentation on the
wiki[4].

For those interested: the docs schedule[5] has also been posted to the
wiki.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject
[3] http://freenode.net/