Re: Important, urgent: Translation of new browser splash page (only 24 messages)

2006/11/2, Paul W. Frields <stickster gmail com>:
On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 06:11 +0200, Lauri Nurmi wrote:
> to, 2006-09-28 kello 03:55 +0100, Dimitris Glezos kirjoitti:
> > To all translators, urgent request:
> >
> > As some of you may already know, we are trying to change the default browser
> > splash page of FC6 to something more meaningful, like the following draft:
> >
> >   http://dimitris.glezos.com/box/foss/fc6-browser-splash/
> >
> > Since this is will be the default homepage of the user's browser, every user of
> > FC6 will see it every time he (she) opens his browser. We really need to
> > localize this page **as much as possible**.
> >
> > If you did translate it, please commit the file and let me know.
> > Thanks for all your hard work. We are really close to FC6, so let's all put our
> > best effort to make this a spectacular release.
>
> Ok, I translated the required strings into Finnish back then, committed,
> and notified you by email within 24 hours after the above message.
>
> And now, here we are, with a FC6 that does *not* contain the splash page
> translated into Finnish.
>
> Not that I would have fallen off my chair by surprise after noticing
> this, but still...

The homepage splash is part of the overall release-notes module.  We
picked up all PO files that were at least 90% finished.  If you'd like
to get your PO picked up for publication with the release, you may need
to translate some more strings:

Please be more flexible, i'm not gonna spend so many time on a release
notes that will be of no use on FC 7, but at least I can translate the
firefox homepage part.

--
Google talk: xavi.conde a gmail.com

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Pink Floyd | Brain Damage | Dark side of the moon