Re: Translation of libvirt/

I got the reply from the maintainer with bug#215685.
Here is a copy of it, see below.

noriko

------- Additional Comments From veillard redhat com 2006-11-15 11:43 EST -------

>> o "getting time of day"
>> Can I rephrase 'getting time and date'?

hum, it's gettimeofday() failing (which should never occur)
'getting current time' is a better one.

>> o "node cpu numa nodes"
>> Need more info, too short to translate.

"wrong CPU description"

>> o "node cpu numa nodes"
>> Need more info, too short to translate.

"wrong active CPU description"

>> o "node cpu numa nodes"
>> Need more info, too short to translate.

"wrong CPU frequency description"

>> o "failed to urlencode the create S-Expr"
>> Can you check this string? I have no idea how to translate, sorry.

The sentence is actually fine, but very geeky ...
"failed to encode the description used to create the domain"

>> o "domain information incorrect domid not numeric"
>> Can I add a pause mark such as 'domain information incorrect, domid not numeric'?

yes sure

>> o "unterminated number"
>> Can you confirm that this does mean 'the number improperly terminated'?

yes

>> o "unterminated string"
>> same as above

yes

  libvirt is really a low level library, some of those string hopefully
will never reach a normal user  :-)

Daniel

Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
Hi

FYI, I've encountered some strings in libvirt hard to translate.
I am asking the maintainer for help by filing a bug, the bug number is #215685.

noriko