Question about copyright and translations

luisfe lftabera at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 20 18:49:28 UTC 2006

Hello,

I do not know if this is the correct place to ask this question.

Since a few time ago, I have been translating the security updates of the list fedora-package-announce into Spanish for a non profit community webpage about fedora. In every translation I have written who is the original author and the original list where the message has appeared.

But now I wonder if there is any copyright trouble about that. I do not know exactly what are the legal terms in which the contents of a mailing list are. I mean, if they can be freely translated or not.

Any advise?