Processes in the L10N team

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 16:14:15 UTC 2006

Dimitris Glezos (dimitris at glezos.com) said:
> > Maybe we could call for a meeting with Fedora Infrastructure and Docs
> > when this list is ready and get this "issue" off our back :)
>
> +1. I'm sure both of these groups are willing to support us in the organization
> of our processes. I'm also sure they are not willing to do the coding or the
> maintenance of them.

Well,the coding needs done. I do like how:

2. Move CVS from i18n to cvs.fedoraproject.org

is just one small item. ;)

Realistically, what needs done is:

- all translators need fedora accounts
- a new group 'fedoratrans', or whatever, needs created
- CVS needs copied over
- ACLs need set up, pre-check scripts, etc.

And this *completely* leaves out things like reserving and locking files,
handling translations for projects in git/hg/etc, and other issues.

Bill