Call for updates - Release Notes

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Nov 30 15:59:24 UTC 2006

O/H Lauri Nurmi έγραψε:
> to, 2006-11-30 kello 04:55 -0600, Robert 'Bob' Jensen kirjoitti:
>> In about 1 week we would like to push a snapshot of the release notes
>> beats on the wiki to translation. If you have a beat on the wiki please
>> try to get any updates completed by Dec 7 23:59 UTC. The snapshot should
>> be going to Translation by Dec 9 23:59 UTC. Translations will be due
>> back 10 days later (Dec 19 23:59 UTC) for packaging and publishing.
>
> If I have translated the parts of release-notes required by the browser
> splash page, but nothing else, will my translation be packaged, and will
> I see the browser splash page in my own language?

There are some people currently looking into this. Basically, we'll try to
separate the `po` file of the release notes from the other two because it's
significantly  bigger. Unfortunately, it's not a trivial task because it affects
packaging, so I can't say if we will be able to do it at this time. If not, then
the separation will have to wait for FC7.

Are there any other translators that would like to translate the messages of
"Browser Start page" and "System -> About Fedora" but don't have the
time/resources to translate the Release notes?

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/