:-S .pot .po ??

Renato Pavičić repavici at globalnet.hr
Mon Oct 2 14:52:00 UTC 2006

Dana Mon, 02 Oct 2006 15:56:41 +0200, Dimitrios Glezos
<dimitris at glezos.com> napisali ste:

There has been a lot of argument on that subject over last few months, and
it got heated up as we were closing to FC6 realese. Looks like it is not
so simple, and it is not centralized, nor announced (each module's
maintainer has to update each language's PO manualy; there is no single
person with duty to preform this task regulary on all modules and
languages; module maintainer is NOT announcing new lines regulary on THIS
mailing list)(this are my assumptions, correct me if I am wrong).

Looks to me that simplest, cheapest and fastest solution would be adding a
"fake language" into i18n list, that would simply show up the state of
POT's, not PO's.

This "fake language" should be on top of the list, there should be
possibility to click on it (like on any of ours languages) so we could
check each POT.

Later on, few more feature could be added:
- when you click on module, instead of translator link, there should be
direct link to view POT (like web-cvs)
- name/link of module maintainer/developer (programmer dude), in case we
need to contact that person and yank him/her with stuff like "gimmie
plural" ;)

Just to SEE the POT's would be such an improvement.

I hope somebody could do something like that. I am not a programming guru,
but it looks like a simple thing to do, just like adding a new language,
but instead of being a language that will display state of PO's, we will
have state of POT's!

Best regards
Renato

Croatian localization