10 and growing

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 23:23:29 UTC 2006

We launched FC6 last week with the release notes in ten languages; twice
as many as last release, and a fraction of what we are going to do for
the next release:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/

(Notice that link is live again after being down since the launch day.)

Ten languages is *fantastic*, considering the problems we had along the
way.  Thank you so very much to our fellow contributors who dealt with
these problems, and thank you all for persevering.

Fortunately, the fedora-release-notes RPM can be easily updated.  This
means the translations that weren't able to go into the ISO could be
finished.

In approximately a few weeks, we want to push out an update to this RPM.
The main reason is to get more translations into the package.

For this update, the Fedora Translation team shall have the time to do a
proper translation without rushing.  Expect another email soon with
details.

Thanks again,

Karsten, Fedora Documentation
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project