Release notes translation -- what's up?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 15:27:38 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 19:39 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>

> >> It seems that beat writers were not keen on writing before fc6 final
> >> release, then I should suggest that translators may need much more of a
> >> week to translate the final relnotes issue. Moreover, more time could
> >> avoid the panic/confusion that we saw this week.
> >
> > I couldn't agree more, Thomas.  The blame falls on a lot of different
> > factors:
>

> 0. Our development processes need to be planned a bit ahead so that we
> dont see many last changes in the packages, artwork etc.

Yes, I've been saying this for some time, too.  We need some sort of
central project planning system that integrates with our functioning
desktops to remind people when things need to get done.  The current
system of writing it on the wiki and emailing people manually is neither
sufficient nor scalable.