UPDATE: More translation time!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 21:49:35 UTC 2006

Hello Translators,

   [ You're receiving this email personally because your
   email address was pulled from one of our PO files for
   the Fedora Core Release Notes.  A copy is sent to
   fedora-trans-list as well. ]

We understand that we piled a LOT of work on you guys for the FC6
Release Notes, with not very much time to do it.  And we feel bad about
it.  This was entirely due to process problems, and had *nothing* to do
with the great work you continue to do on a regular basis.  A lot of the
material entering the release notes came in on the wiki in the last week
or two, meaning not only did we get the POT out late, but it was full of
new strings in a lot of cases.

I'd like to specially recognize Francesco Tombolini, working on the
Italian translation.  Francesco actually finished his entire PO file
somehow, despite all the obstacles, so I wanted to single him out for
some special praise!

But we certainly can't expect everyone to get so much work done in such
a small time.  That's why we've secured MORE TIME for the release notes
translation.  We have a new deadline for PO delivery of:

	* * * 1200 UTC, Thu Oct 05 2006 * * *

That's another ~3.5 days!  In other words, we're trying to give you back
just about every bit of time we cut by being late. You can continue to
work on the existing POT in i18n.redhat.com/release-notes.  We have
changed nothing since it was delivered last week.

WHAT WE COULD USE FROM YOU:

(Other than the translation, of course!)  Just a quick reply to this
message.  Let us know if you think you can finish the remaining work in
that time.  If you don't think this is a good idea, you don't have to do
anything extra.  But if you want some extra time, and will use it,
please let us know as soon as you can!

We will be discussing an improved plan for the FC7 cycle.  Please join
us on fedora-docs-list at redhat.com and put in your ideas if possible.