please check your po file headers

Lauri Nurmi lanurmi at iki.fi
Fri Oct 13 23:41:36 UTC 2006

pe, 2006-10-13 kello 18:01 -0400, Bill Nottingham kirjoitti:
> We've recently uncovered various .po files in CVS that have
> 'charset=CHARSET' in the header. Having an invalid charset
> can cause bad effects - please make sure that your translations
> have valid charsets.

One could ask why isn't there a pre-commit check in the CVS repository
that checks the new file with 'msgfmt -c' and thus refuses to accept
files with broken headers.

Would not help with files that are already there, but prevent new
problems. Running 'msgfmt -c' is generally a good idea anyway, because
it checks e.g. that the printf-style formatting parameters match those
of original string.

Cheers,

--
(Mr.) Lauri Nurmi