desc and sumary in an html

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:37:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 23:04 +0000, Boris Becker wrote:
> I found it useful to search in the desc file for a specific package that has
> a functionality that I need for a specific job.
> I learned a lot just by translating those strings. I knew packages that I
> did not know they exists, although, I am a Red Hat user since version 3.1.
> I think it would be very useful to have an html version of the combined desc
> and summary files, together with the package name and version in the way
> anaconda shows them.
> But in one file or no more than 4 files, in the wiki, so one can look for
> something by using Ctrl-F in that/those file(s), or by using the search
> utility in the wiki.
> Maybe what I am asking for is already made, if so, it is hard for me to find
> it, give me the link.
> If not, please consider creating an html file from the desc and summary file
> for their respective languages to put it on the Fedora wiki.

I think most people do this with repoquery, for example:

  $ repoquery -qa --qf '%{NAME} %{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} : %{SUMMARY}'

Altaernately you could look at:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=Fedora%20Core
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=Fedora%20Extras

Feel free to wiki these links somewhere appropriate.