Automerge .po files with .pot files !

A S Alam aalam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 13:57:34 UTC 2006

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to raise the issue of automatic merge of .po files again. I
> have gone through the following threads. Please read them if you haven't.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2006-August/msg00023.html
> ( Agree )
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2006-July/msg00032.html
> ( Not Agree )
>
> Fedora translation repository is extracted from original fedora
> applications' sources. All translators/localizers are provided access to
> translation repository only, which is correct. Whenever developer
> (package maintainer) make changes in the source code, s/he make the
> changes in the .pot file respectively, but not .po files for all
> languages. I agree that few developers modify .po files also along with
> .pot which is good for translators/localizers. But what about those
> packages in which only .pot file is updated and .po files are not, which
> is not at all helpful.
> agree, but that provide more freedom to people to merge their
translation as they required, yes different Number of strings
may be issue, for this,
we can ask Developers to send mail to mailing list when
POT files are updated by them.

you know size of Specspo?
[aalam at aalam specspo]$ du -h --max-depth=0
88M     .

if it will automatic merge strings and it will be update all files for
70+ languages, (where few active languages), then Most Translators
would not like to download Huge data on their machines without
any reason and where bandwidth is limited, not hope for
broadband for everywhere

more suggestion are welcomed

--
A S Alam