Public availability of CVS po files

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Sep 1 09:28:04 UTC 2006

O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 20:21 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 00:04 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> Is there a way one can get a .po file for a fedora package if he/she
>>> doesn't have a CVS account?
>>>
>>> Other projects (like GNOME, KDE) allow people having anonymous CVS
>>> access to the po files (or at least they include a link to the .po file
>>> from the package's statistics page) and to submit a patch they have to
>>> contact the project's translation team. A feature like this is useful
>>> for translation bugfixing from people outside the project.
>> We have that too.  You can get instructions or browse the repositories
>> via Web below:
>
> Oops!
>
> That should have been:  http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/
>
> The other link may "evaporate" (redirect) at some point, so no point
> perpetuating it.

Paul, I did look at the cvs web frontend (darn, I should write about my
searches in my questions in the first place) but did not find the po
files there, only some make and spec files. Either I am missing
something or I don't know what.

Check it out yourself, eg. for system-config-network:

  * http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/system-config-network/
  * http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/system-config-network/devel/

-dim

--