Public availability of CVS po files

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Sep 1 15:19:03 UTC 2006

O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 10:28 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>>> That should have been:  http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/
>>>
>>> The other link may "evaporate" (redirect) at some point, so no point
>>> perpetuating it.
>> Paul, I did look at the cvs web frontend (darn, I should write about my
>> searches in my questions in the first place) but did not find the po
>> files there, only some make and spec files. Either I am missing
>> something or I don't know what.
>>
>> Check it out yourself, eg. for system-config-network:
>>
>>   * http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/system-config-network/
>>   * http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/system-config-network/devel/
>
> Ah, that's because the source tarballs are all kept in a lookaside
> cache.  Here's a quick step-by-step -- I think these are on the wiki
> somewhere:
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/dist co
> system-config-network
> $ cd devel
> $ make prep        # or 'make help' for some useful info
>
> That will download the source and do the equivalent of 'rpmbuild -bp'
> for that package.

Thanks for the tip Paul.

Nevertheless, this is too much work for external contributors. Usually, they
just need the pot & po files of all packages for a language.

Three suggestions then, in decreasing preference:

  1. Allow anonymous access of the `translate` module from the CVS.
  2. Include a link to the files in the i18n statistics page.
  3. Produce a nightly public .tgz with the pot & po files for each language.

Are these too difficult to arrange?

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos