Automerge .po files with .pot files !

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 05:17:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

I would like to raise the issue of automatic merge of .po files again. I
have gone through the following threads. Please read them if you haven't.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2006-August/msg00023.html
( Agree )
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2006-July/msg00032.html
( Not Agree )

Fedora translation repository is extracted from original fedora
applications' sources. All translators/localizers are provided access to
translation repository only, which is correct. Whenever developer
(package maintainer) make changes in the source code, s/he make the
changes in the .pot file respectively, but not .po files for all
languages. I agree that few developers modify .po files also along with
.pot which is good for translators/localizers. But what about those
packages in which only .pot file is updated and .po files are not, which
is not at all helpful.

See the different between total number of entries for each language :
http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status?page=overall_status&branch=HEAD&essential=0

I agree that developers are busy with bug solving and feature requests.
So, i would like to request the maintainer of the fedora localization
project to take care of this. I need a favor from the entire group of
localization in my request, so that we can sort this issue out.

If i am wrong in anyway, please let me know.

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel