Automerge .po files with .pot files !

Magnus Larsson fedoratrans at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:52:38 UTC 2006

I like it the way it is.

90MB is not much to download these days unless you use modem.
Plus CVS compresses the data before it sends it. And you only need to
download it once,
so when a pot file gets updated you can manually pick to only update that
pot file.
I think most people download the ISO files to install Fedora anyway, and
those files are 700MB up to 3 GB.
Maybe we can have a poll on how many still use modems today...
I rather have consistent files than accomodate someone who is afraid of
downloading some extra data.

Suggestion: The Fedora translation status page should show the "official
number" (according to the potfile) of messages to be translated, and not
only how many messages have been translated in the each po file. Then people
can see if they are finished and if they need to update a pot, without even
downloading a single file...