Fedora tools don't give credits to translators

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Sep 23 15:37:49 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I just noticed that some of the system-config-* applications do not have a
"Help" -> "About" -> "Credits" -> "Translators" menu, which is there to give
credit to translators of the particular locale. All GNOME applications that I
have seen do have this menu item. I suggest we incorporate this too.

In the "About Fedora" dialog, there is a link saying "visit our website at
http://fedora.redhat.com/About/Projects/translations/". Shouldn't that be
changed to link to the wiki?

I also checked out the wiki at /L10N but did not find there any list of
contributors to the translation project. I believe we should create one. This
should be done in addition to the suggestion of the first paragraph, since many
people hold the copyrights of the translations to our software that are not part
of the Translation Project. Their names can be found on top of the .po files and
in the `translation-credits` msgstr.

Thanks in advance.

-dim

--