Fedora tools don't give credits to translators

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Sep 26 10:20:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 16:37 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> I also checked out the wiki at /L10N but did not find there any list of
> contributors to the translation project. I believe we should create one. This
> should be done in addition to the suggestion of the first paragraph, since many
> people hold the copyrights of the translations to our software that are not part
> of the Translation Project. Their names can be found on top of the .po files and
> in the `translation-credits` msgstr.

I ran into this with the release notes, and also found a classic
"chicken and egg problem":  How do we list people who have yet to
translate the release notes, but are going to do so?

We definitely need a list of all translators to add ourselves, but the
list cannot make it into the ISO unless we can do it this week without
translating it.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project