Fedora tools don't give credits to translators

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Sep 26 18:11:05 UTC 2006

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 16:37 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>
>> I also checked out the wiki at /L10N but did not find there any list of
>> contributors to the translation project. I believe we should create one. This
>> should be done in addition to the suggestion of the first paragraph, since many
>> people hold the copyrights of the translations to our software that are not part
>> of the Translation Project. Their names can be found on top of the .po files and
>> in the `translation-credits` msgstr.
>
> I ran into this with the release notes, and also found a classic
> "chicken and egg problem":  How do we list people who have yet to
> translate the release notes, but are going to do so?
>
> We definitely need a list of all translators to add ourselves, but the
> list cannot make it into the ISO unless we can do it this week without
> translating it.

I guess then we could have the list untranslated. Besides, a name is a name; it
isn't translated, right?

We have 2 sources that could be used to produce this list "automatically": The
"translator-credits" msgstr (most accurate way) and the header of the PO file.

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/