Adding georgian support in anaconda

George Machitidze giomac at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 21:40:13 UTC 2006

Hello,

I want to know what is finally needed to add support of this language
in installations and language-selection utiliy.

1. Entry in lang-table file (anaconda) - "Georgian        ka
latarcyrheb-sun16       ka_GE.UTF-8     us      Asia/Tbilisi"
2. Bitmap fonts (must be available soon in unifont)
3. GTK fonts
4. Entry in scripts/genlocalelist.py (anaconda).

I see there is a freeze, but i want to test georgianized version,
because i know there are problems with fonts.  I have created patch
for anaconda for georgian schools, but i get cubes with georgian
support, so i removed ka.po from anaconda package. After installation
i've got some ugly fonts (there are no unicode fonts for georgian in
fedora, but maybe i saw ugly "fixed" or "unifont")

--
Best Regards,
George Machitidze