Question about the translation process of fedora 7 relnotes

A S Alam aalam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 05:16:15 UTC 2007

Yuan Yijun ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> Hi,
>
> I have some question about translation process. Vmlinuz may going to
> translate it.
>

> * What is the CVS url for fedora 7 relnotes?

Release notes are part of docs, so it is available in cvs with
following information:
@cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs

PATH=release-notes/devel

Devel will becomes Fedora 7
> * What group should translator have in the fedora account system?

group = cvsl10n
more details:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2007-March/msg00066.html
> * How to begin translation, I cannot find RELEASE-NOTES on fedora i18n
> status page, so how can I "TAKE" it? I rememberred for fc6 relnotes it
> was here:
> http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status?page=status&branch=HEAD&locale=zh_CN&essential=0

it is removed from i18n.redhat.com as it is part of documentation
so you need to follow list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2007-March/msg00082.html

> * How to notify the others that I'm translating it?
>
> * When will POT file get ready, will there be any email notifications?

docs team often update on mailing list, but also there is commit mailing
list
Fedora-docs-commits mailing list
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-docs-commits

> * Do I need to modify "Makefile" and run "make xxxxx" to generate
> zh_CN.po as before?

yes, but please wait more answer from docs team:)

thanks

--
A S Alam
#fedora-l10n (freenode)