Fedora Bounty for translations

Dwayne Bailey dwayne at translate.org.za
Fri Apr 13 13:41:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 02:11 +0000, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> I just written a proposal for a Google Summer of Code for "an
> upstream-compatible L10N platform for Fedora".
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties#L10NPlatform
>
> Comments? Suggestions?

You mean this one?
http://code.google.com/soc/fedora/appinfo.html?csaid=AD7CBA69B2D19FE3

Yes.  Sounds amazingly like doing some of what Pootle already does.

> Anyone experienced in Python thinking of taking it? GSoC pays around $4000
> (€3000) for each successfully completed project plus $500 that go to the Fedora
> Project.

We'd be very interested in working with/mentoring someone who want to
adapt Pootle to do what Fedora needs from a web-based l10n tool.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Translate.org.za

+27-12-460-1095 (w)