Specspo questions

Martin Bacovsky mbacovsk at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 09:25:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm maintainer of specspo package. I want to generate new po catalogue
for translation and have some questions.

Current process looks now like this:
- generate new po catalgue from selected rpm repos (usually
rawhide-nightly)
- commit the changes on ELVIS cvs tree
- translation team hard-work here
- after they commit their changes put everything to tarball and update
specspo on DIST with it
- wait till next release (FC or RHEL) and goto 1

This shows we have currently just one specspo ELVIS upstream for
everything we release. This specspo includes everything I decide to
include according to what we are about to release.

Problems:
- it is not possible to regenerate catalogues for recent release. If
package descr or summary changes for recent product we are not able to
do the translation (or at least I don't know how)
- upstream on ELVIS is not updated, it is recreated from scratch (from
different sources) - this can make troubles to translation team (?)
- we have one specspo for everything (this can contain a lot of packages
not included in dist).

Questions:
- should specspo contain every package we produce or we should make
specspo with just packages included in dist? (cvs branches for different
releases on elvis can help)
- where can I get list of packages included in release?
- should we include all extras packages?

Any comment or idea would be appreciated.

Regards,

Martin