What's right about translation credits?

Diego Búrigo Zacarão diegobz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:21:09 UTC 2007

Hello, all..

I have some doubts about translation credits and I hope that someone can
explain it to me.

1 - About msgid "translator-credits" in all PO files. I suppose we must put
one translator per line, in the form of:
NAME <EMAIL>, YEAR. (right?)
So, where that will appear? I have checked some modules GUI like
system-config-* and I did't see it anywhere.

2 - The same problem above happen on CVS Docs. We have the msgid
"translator-credits" in PO files, but it is't displayed on pages published
at docs.fedoraproject.org. However we have some confused things here,
because some modules, like
mirror-tutorial<http://docs.fedoraproject.org/mirror/>,
shows names of translators as author, cause they were added in
rpm-info.xmlin <colophon> tag. But, in other modules, like
install-guide <http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/fc6/>, this
does't happened.
Then... What's the right thing to do?
Can we put names as translator in rpm-info.xml or not?

Best regards

--
Diego Búrigo Zacarão
Linux User #402589