New POT and PO available for Release Notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:21:19 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 23:34 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> > As shown on our schedule[1], the final Release Notes POT and PO are now
> > available for translation.  There have been a few string changes, but
> > not many -- about 70-75 total.  The Docs Project had hoped for the
> > feature freeze to keep the changes as low as possible, but our
> > developers have been squeezing in a few last improvements to make Fedora
> > 7 as good as possible.  That means our Release Notes had to change a
> > little bit to match the changes.  In a few cases changes are for
> > readability or to correct conceptual errors.
> >
> >   --==[[ The new PO deadline is 2359 UTC, 02 MAY 2007! ]]==--
>
> In case some have missed this (I did), this is in 10 days. Just making sure
> everyone is up2date.
>
> Congrads to the languages that have the relnotes translated! It's a very
> valuable resource for users and Fedora marketing.

Thanks Dimitris for pointing out the time frame.  The Docs Project
worked hard to give more time for these translations.  Folks who have
been around the L10N Project for a while can doubtless remember a couple
instances where only a few days were available for updates -- with this
release, we fastidiously maintained a window of no less than 10 days for
translation.  In the future, I can see our trying to get content into
CVS "as it happens" to further cut down on the number of strings dumped
into POT at one time.