String Freeze Policy now official

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Aug 20 18:45:11 UTC 2007

RelEng had a meeting today and the String Freeze Policy we prepared is now an
official policy:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/StringFreezePolicy

I'll send an announcement to -devel-announce to let people know.

The above policy helps us in ensuring that translators can start working from
the freeze date (28 August 2007) without worrying that any strings will be
changed. Any developer wanting to break it should get the approval of our group.

If anyone notices any POT file changing after the date, please send an email to
the list to let everyone know. More info at:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Freezes#string

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos