Self-Introduction: Sveinn Svavarsson

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Aug 29 21:54:23 UTC 2007

Στις 29-08-2007, ημέρα Τετ, και ώρα 20:06 +0000, ο/η Sveinn Svavarsson
έγραψε:
?
> I have been a fedora user for three years now and have noticed that the
> icelandic translation was incompleet and is getting constantly less
> complete probably because nobody is updating it. So I want to hop in and
> continue the work that has been started.

I don't have much programming skills but I am eager to learn and I am
not afraid of the command line so I hope I will be able to start doing
some work soon. That is after I've gotten fluent with cvs and diff and
those po files which I hope I will figure out soon. I considder myself
good speaking Icelandic which is a special language in many ways.

I noticed that there is no maintainer for Icelandic so I was wondering
how do I become the maintainer?

Hey Sveinn!

Welcome to the Fedora translation team! Great to have you on board! :)

Much work has been done in Icelandic, but there are important stuff
(especially in documentation) that could need some love:

  http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/is/fedora-8

Take a look at the Join the FLP page for what you need to do to get the
necessary access to submit translations:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Join

And for maintaining the language (please step up!):

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Maintainer

Should you need anything, drop by #fedora-l10n on Freenode.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/