Notice: Fedora 8 Feature *and String* Freeze - 2 WEEKS LEFT

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Aug 13 21:47:59 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Schedule
> Feature Freeze for Fedora 8 is coming soon on August 28th.

A reminder that August 28th is also the *string freeze* for Fedora 8. After this
date, no new strings can be added or existing ones be modified in packages that
are translated by the Fedora Localization Project (eg stuff that Fedora is
upstream).

For more information on string freezes, please refer to:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Freezes#string

In short:

 * Please add/modify any translatable strings in your apps until then.
 * Make sure everything that should be translated is marked so (eg. gettext'ed).

Finally, a big "Thanks!" to all developers and maintainers who have been
patiently announcing their string changes in the past, thus helping us having
high quality translations in each Fedora release. Thank you!

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/