[Query] system-config-firewall/string # 60

Runa Bhattacharjee runab at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 12:34:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

In system-config-firewall, I got stuck at the following string while
translating:

"Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) incorporates security for network
transmissions into the Internet Protocol (IP) directly. IPsec provides
methods for both encrypting data and authentication the host or network it
sends to. If you plan to use a vpnc server or FreeS/WAN, do not diable this
option."

Can someone please clarify the line:

"IPsec provides methods for both encrypting data and authentication the
host or network it sends to. "

I am not  sure if this is a typo or if I am missing some information
here. :(

It is string number 60, if you open the file in KBabel.

Thanks a lot
cheers
Runa