informal translator survey

Lauri Nurmi lanurmi at iki.fi
Thu Feb 22 17:45:20 UTC 2007

to, 2007-02-22 kello 11:39 -0500, Bill Nottingham kirjoitti:
> Some random questions...
>
> 1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
>    subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

I only know CVS and Subversion, but as long as the basic update/commit
functionality of the others is not significantly more complicated than
that of cvs/svn, I don't see a big problem.

> 2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
>    a web-based application?

Definitely NOT.  Using one's favorite editor will always be quicker and
more comfortable than even a very good web-based user interface.