informal translator survey

Magnus Larsson fedoratrans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 18:51:55 UTC 2007

On 2/22/07, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Some random questions...
>
> 1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
>    subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

Subversion, or maybe cvs. Both can be used in a Windows environment.
The other ones I don't know about. I don't like to be forced using a certain
tool.

2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
>    a web-based application?

I would be ok, but I prefer using my translation application of choice. Web
is good for viewing information not so much  for  editing. You don't need to
install anything with a web tool, but using an application is faster, has
more features and more flexible.
It is not that much difference. It would be great if you could have both and
let the translator choose...