Re: informal translator survey

On 2/22/07, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:
Some random questions...

1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
   subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

Subversion, or maybe cvs. Both can be used in a Windows environment.
The other ones I don't know about. I don't like to be forced using a certain tool.

2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
   a web-based application?

I would be ok, but I prefer using my translation application of choice. Web is good for viewing information not so much  for  editing. You don't need to install anything with a web tool, but using an application is faster, has more features and more flexible.
It is not that much difference. It would be great if you could have both and let the translator choose...